While Tier II rates may seem challenging for home providers, we want to show you how you can still come out on top by leveraging tax deductions and maximizing financial benefits. Whether you’re a seasoned provider or just starting, these strategies will help maximize your participation in the Food Program. So let’s explore how you can turn Tier II into a winning proposition for your business.
Home Sponsors play a crucial role by providing CACFP tax reports to their providers. Encourage all providers to record all meals served, even those exceeding the reimbursable limits. Why? Because at the end of the year, providers can deduct the non-reimbursable meals from their taxes at a Tier I rate.
Tier II providers can still deduct meal expenses that are not reimbursed through CACFP if they maintain accurate records. To comply with tax guidelines, it’s beneficial to have a dedicated childcare tax professional who can assist in navigating the intricacies. By using reliable software to track both home and business expenses, providers can demonstrate that the cost was directly related to serving meals to children, qualifying it as a legitimate business expense. Since Tier II reimbursement income often falls short of covering food costs, taking advantage of tax deductions is crucial.
Even if a provider qualifies for Tier II rates, maintaining good records and taking tax deductions can have numerous advantages:
Explore Tom Copeland’s blog, where you can find valuable insights and perspectives on why the Food Program remains excellent, even on Tier II rates. The resource covers more details on tax benefits, along with helpful tips and advice for providers.
By understanding the tax implications and leveraging deductions, home providers can turn Tier II rates into an opportunity for financial growth and enhanced childcare services. Pay attention to the power of tax tips in maximizing your benefits and establishing a thriving business in the Food Program. Remember, knowledge is critical, so equip yourself with the right resources and professional guidance to make the most of your Tier II experience. We are here to help.
Let’s embrace tax-smart strategies and win on Tier II in the CACFP.
Follow the instructions below to download and install Minute Menu CX. You can install Minute Menu CX on as
many computers you need. The same link provided in this article can also be used by centers to install their
version of the software. For system requirements, see System Requirements.
1. Click here to download Minute Menu CX.
2. Depending on your browser settings, the file downloads automatically, or you are prompted to save or run it.
3. The installation wizard opens. Click Next and follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation. We strongly recommend that you install Minute Menu CX in the default location and that you do not change any of the options during installation.
4. Once the installation process is complete, click Finish. Minute Menu CX opens automatically, and you are prompted for your password.
5. Enter your user name and password. You should have received this information from Minute Menu or (centers) from your food program sponsor’s main office.
6. Click Login.
To access Minute Menu CX in the future, double-click on your desktop. You are prompted for login information each time, unless you check the Remember Login and Password box when logging in.
To see which version of Minute Menu CX is installed on your machine:
1. Open Minute Menu CX.
2. Click the Help menu and select About Minute Menu CX. The About Minute Menu CX dialog box opens. The version number displays at the top.
To upgrade Minute Menu CX:
1. Open Minute Menu CX.
2. Click the Administration menu and select Upgrade Software. The installation wizard opens.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the upgrade. Note that you must upgrade CX on each individual machine on which it is installed.
2. Click on “I need a new Password” in the bottom right as shown in the image below.
3. Enter your email address into the email field and then click on “Send Me”
4. This should send an email to the email address entered from KidKare Enrollment Portal with a link to reset your password. Click on the blue link
5. Enter your new password into the fields below and click “Go”
6. Now you can go back to the login page and login with your email as the username and your new password!
Just enter your email address below and we’ll set up a free 30 day trial just for you.
We believe in the application so much, that we know you’ll love it.